register/sign in

home | faq | help

ScribbleMonger book exchange

Advanced Search  |  Sell a Book  |  Booksellers  |  Forums  |  Book Blog

Quick Search by    -?-

Scribblemonger Forums > General Forum: Anything and Everything

To reply, you must be registered and signed in.
Author Topic: At 33, Braves Donaldson trying to prove he can sta
Lindholm
At 33, Braves Donaldson trying to prove he can sta
(posted on: June 05, 2019 at 02:48:18)

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. Finding a job was pretty easy for Josh Donaldson. Proving he can keep it will be the tough part.The former AL MVP didnt have to wait long for a new opportunity, signing a one-year, $23 million contract with the Atlanta Braves less than a month after the World Series ended.I didnt expect it to go that quickly, Donaldson said Wednesday, the day before his first organized workout with the NL East champions. It was my first time in free agency so I had something of an idea, but you dont really know. I was very happy with the timing of it. They gave me the ease of the entire offseason to know which team I was going to be with. At 33 and coming off two straight injury-riddled seasons, the third baseman understood his market value had changed https://www.bravesgearfansstore.com/Dan_Winkler_Jersey-30, that he would have to prove he can play an entire season.I wasnt expecting much length, he said. I think you have to be realistic in what youre looking for. . . . One year, I felt, was a great opportunity to come here and help this organization. I feel like if I go out and play well, there could be a chance for more years after this.After finishing among the top eight in AL MVP voting four straight times and winning the award with Toronto in 2015 https://www.bravesgearfansstore.com/Sam_Freeman_Jersey-36, Donaldson was limited to 113 games by a calf injury in 2017.

New & Used Books, Movies, and Music
Copyright 2009 - 2011 Scribblemonger Book Exchange - All Rights Reserved
What's New! Contact Us About Us Fees & Commissions Disclaimer Terms of Service Privacy